Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

In the first week of August...

Good Morning!  Hope that you are well.  The first week of August is in the books and it's off to a fast paced beginning at work.  August is brutal for Housing and Residence Life--especially for our department this year as we sandwiched an office move in the first week of August.  Whew.  Still, was a great week on the roads.  I ran 55 miles this week and have now run 1079.9 miles for the year.  I have not done three best in a few weeks so here's my three best:
  1. Sarah being back from Milwaukee.  It's been nice having her back as I missed her while she was gone.  We are about to enjoy a little French Toast Breakfast before I head into work for a move-in today.
  2. New Staff Training:  The energy displayed by our student staff keeps me extremely motivated and energized.  It's a wonderful group and they did not make too much fun of me for my "eggs in the basket" faux pas. 
  3. Friday Night Lights:  If you read this blog then you know that I love the show Friday Night Lights--which ended this year.  The show touches a lot of topics including personal decision making.  The coach, Coach Taylor, and his wife, Tammy Taylor, are often presented with challenges and opportunities.  I will say that this week I called upon a couple of story lines from the show to help me with a decision I needed to make.  At the end of the day, I think I made the correct, but difficult, choice.  Now...I'm not suggesting that I make tough choices based off of a TV show, but sometimes shows have a way of previewing the way things could work out and Friday Night Lights does that well. 
Have a great week.  I'll try to blog again midweek if possible.  Happy running to you...

No comments: