Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2013

21 Months...

Liya & Daddy:  Future Running Partners?
Good Morning!  Enjoyed a nice 5.2 mile run this morning in Indianapolis on the Broadripple tow path.   It is an unseasonably cool day for July and I took full advantage of it.  Nice to be back out there running again. 

21 months.  Let me just be honest about that number.  It's been 21 months since I have had any consistency with running.  I hurt my calf training for a marathon two years ago in October and just have not gotten back into it in a consistent way.  And...I am not at all disappointed or upset because the last 21 months have been some of the best of my life.  I'm a new Dad to a wonderful daughter (Liya), we bought a house, and work has been outstanding.  Now, though, I am mentally ready and physically aching to get back after it again.  The break was nice and needed, but I need running in my life.  It grounds me.  It centers me.  It brings out the best in me. 

I hope to write in this blog a couple times a week to share my journey back to running shape again.  I still have a lot more left in the tank.  More than that, though, should Liya turn out to be a runner like her Daddy, then I want to be able to run with her and to run all over the course at cross country races cheering her on.  A couple years ago on Sunday mornings I would see a Dad and his daughter running together and I could not help but hope that would be me and my daughter some day.  Well..I know have a daughter and she may never enjoy running, but if she does I will be ready.  I look forward to the day when we can go out and run a few miles together and just enjoy the gift that running provides. 

Have a great week!  And...THANK YOU for those who told me they missed this blog.  I hope to be able to get the blog going again too!  Happy running to you...

No comments: