Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

A long work week...

Hello. I've been pretty crappy about updating my blog. I admit it. However, August for a person who works in a university housing program is an absolute sprint. I worked well into the 70 hour mark this week. You might ask, what the (bleep)? Well...I love it. I've said it and I'll say it again: I am a Housing guy and love it. The worst professional year of my life was the year I spent out of college housing work, so I'll take the 70 hour week every now and then and love just about every minute of it.

Sarah and I dogsitted for my brother's dog, Elvis. I had no idea how much work you have to be willing to do in order to care for a dog. Wow. Elvis is a very cute dog, but he's a pup. So...our hands were full, but we were glad my brother asked us to look after Elvis.

Honestly, I thought on Friday morning that I would not make the 40 mile mark. But...I ran 17 miles this weekend (Sat & Sun) and hit the 40 mile mark for the 23rd consecutive week. I'm happy about that.

News from the TRI from last week. I finished 257th in the swim, 212 on the bike, and 1st on the run. The run really helped me and I finished 55th overall. Not bad for such a rough swim and bike. There were about 550 finishers in the race.

Have a great week. I'll try to write more, but don't be surprised if my blogs are junk until September. But...you should read anyway! Happy running to you...

No comments: