Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Training, Opening, and 25 & counting...

Hello. It's been a good long while since I've had a blog post. I've been busy with our student staff training and then preparing for opening. Yesterday, we successfully moved in about 1000 people and we now have about 1400 living on campus. I think it's hard to know what I actually "do" for a living--especially if you've never worked in housing. We work hard, train hard, and have great fun. We're in the business of helping students have an outstanding on-campus living experience and really helping students succeed in college. It's fun work! I've posted some pictures below. I am blessed to work with a tremendous staff and we have had a great start to the year.

Running in August is ALWAYS difficult for me because of the intense schedule. But...I have managed to keep the 40 mile/week streak alive this month. This week was the 25th consecutive week of hitting the 40 mile or more mark. Since 3/1/2010, I've hit 40 miles every week. That's a little over 1000 miles in about 5.5 months. It's been hard and I've been up running before 6a about 14 days this month. It's rough to get up when the clock reads 5a or so--at least for me. I'm looking forward to having it be more reasonable.

I'm really excited about running this fall and with the base I've been able to build I think it's going to be a fast fall season of running. AND...A BIG THANKS to my wife Sarah for being patient and understanding with me this month while I've been so busy. Happy running! Enjoy the photos...







1 comment:

Elizabeth Erlich said...

This looks like a housing training I would have liked to be a part of!