Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Run Dancing...

Good morning!  Happy mid-week to you.  Myles is here with me and we are blogging.  Next to taking him for a walk, this is one of his favorite times of the day (and mine too).  Our number one is when it's me, him, and Sarah just hanging out.  Number two is our daily walk followed closely by number three, blogging together.   I'll tell you one thing:  this dog has it MADE!  And...I got it made too.  He's a terrific pup!

Had a fantastic run this morning.  Ran about 6 miles in downtown Indianapolis.  Because it was not raining, I was able to listen to some music.  I cannot lie.  Every now and then a song just hits me, moves me, and causes me to start "run dancing."  That's right.  I'll actually dance while running.  Today, this song called Block After Block came on and I was just stoked.  Here it is by Matt & Kim:


Anyway, it's catchy, isn't it?  I ended my run with the song playing.  I jumped up on the bench outside our patio on the canal and just started dancing like I was on the team that won the NBA Finals.  Silly, yes.  Liberating and fun?  ABSOLUTELY!  Running moves me and when you couple that with a fun song, then I'm just about ready to pop with good feelings.  I'm sure to passers-by I looked foolish.  But...I don't care.  I won't let others define my relationship with running or music.  I love it.  I have fun with it.  I make people laugh with it.  And...if you want to come "run dancing" with me, then come.  Some people dance at the club at 2a all decked out in party gear.  I dance in the streets in my running gear at 5a.  Either way, we're both decked out dancing. 

Have a fantastic day.  Go to iTunes and try out Matt & Kim.  They are fantastic and Sarah introduced me to them about a month ago.  It's worth it!  Be a plus one to somebody (make their day) and happy running to you.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I'm off to dance/run. I hope I don't hurt myself. :)

IndianaJosh said...

Andy, hope you had fun! Just look out for rocks so you don't twist an ankle and you'll be fine.