Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hello May...

Good morning to you.  Hard to believe it's the first of May.  It's about time as the winter was harsh, cold, and dreary.  I'm hoping that May will be bright, sunny, and warm.  I ran 6.25 miles this morning and finished the week at 35.25 miles.  I've now had weeks of 31, 32, 33, and 35.25 consecutively.  This is the best four week stretch I've had since last November.  Slowly, the base is being built to make a great run at a Marathon PR.  For the year, I've run 426.25 miles.

Here are my three best for the week:

One, planting flowers and landscaping!  Last year we moved to a place that has a nice patio that just begs for outdoor decor.  I've had a good time trying my hand at planting flowers and making things look nice outside.  Myles was a very good helper (LOL) and he was very interested in everything I was doing.  See below for the pictures.

Two, Harry Potter.  Sarah and I are quite big fans of the Harry Potter movies.  We bought part one of the Deathly Hallows and watched it last night.  It's just so easy to get lost in the world of those movies and for over a decade the books and movies have captivated many people on this planet.  We enjoyed watching it again.  I'm excited for the release of the final installment.  Don't tell me what happens, because I've not read the book. I'd like to be surprised.

Three, signing up for the Monumental Marathon.  No going back now.  I'm signed up.  More than that, I'm mentally committed and focused.  With every run for the next six months I'll be working so that I'll be ready for November 5.  188 days from today I'll be running it.  Here's the link just in case you get a hankering to run it as well:  http://monumentalmarathon.com/

Happy running to you.  Enjoy my pictures:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We tried to plant vegetables in pots last summer. It was a miserable failure! I grew one okra. Period. Now the empty pots are taunting me on the porch - perhaps I should fill them with flowers, like you!

http://stealingfaith.com