Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

1000 miles

Headed to ACUHO-I in Austin, Tx later this morning. ACUHO stands for the Association of College & University Housing Officers. I stand for International. This will be the third time I've attended the conference and it's by far my favorite. This year I'm presenting three times--which is pretty cool. I'll be very busy.

1000 miles. It has a nice ring to it. Today, I was able to hit the 1000 mile mark for the year after a 7.25 miles run--slightly ahead of my June 30 goal date. More than anything, 1000 miles just stand for consistency, dedication, and discipline. It's just putting one foot in front of the other foot and doing that over and over again. I take about 170steps a minute when running which would equal about 1190 steps a mile (7 minute miles X 170 steps per minute). That equals about 1,119,000 steps run so far this year. Pretty crazy.

Will try to write some while I'm in Texas. I scouted out a great park (Lady Bird Park) to run while I'm there. Happy running to you...

No comments: