Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Nice Saturday Morning Run...

Good morning.  Quick entry here before I head off to our Group Interview Process this morning.  I had a very nice run this morning.  Yeah, I ran at 6:30a on a Saturday morning.  Sick, I know.  But...I cannot run this afternoon because IU plays at 4p and Group Process ends at 3:30p.  So...If I want to watch my beloved Hoosiers, then I had to run early.

Speaking of my beloved Hoosiers...It's so much fun watching Indiana Basketball again.  I love what Coach Crean is doing in Bloomington and I love the players on this team.  These guys are getting better every game, they are working their tails off, and they are really developing into a nice unit.  Our record will not reflect improvement, but if you watch the team then you know they've gone from having zero shot to win two years ago to having a real shot in every game this season.  We've had the lead or been within 3 points with five minutes to go in 7 games that we've lost.  We are 12-13, but could easily be 19-6 or 18-7.  Heck, if we had just pulled out the MSU and Iowa games we'd be 14-12.  None-the-less, games that we lost by 25 two years ago and 18 last year, we are now in and can win.  I fully expect next year to be very special for this team.  I'd love Verdell Jones and Tom Pritchard to lead this team back to the NCAA Tourney in 2012.  Heck, I'd love for them to do that this season in the Big 10 Tourney.  I digress.  Anyway, these guys love IU like I love IU.  At Indiana, we have a way of doing things:  hard work on the court, attend classes and perform well academically, and represent off the court.  These guys get it and I'm so proud.  I'd rather have a team scratching and clawing to get to .500, than have the Kelvin Sampson team that was very good but a disgrace off the court and in the classroom.  Indiana Basketball can never just be about winning--there's a right way to win, the Bob Knight-Coach K-Roy Williams-Tubby Smith-Coach Crean way.  I love it and I'm so dog gone proud of this team and so fired up to watch them today.

Happy running to you!

No comments: