Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nightmare City...

Myles is ALIVE & WELL!
Good Morning.  I was able to get in a very nice 5 mile run this morning before heading to Bloomington for Outreach Weekend two (where we recruit graduate students for our HRL Program).  Wow, did I need a run to process the absolute hellish nightmare I had.  I woke up crying and upset. 

So...yesterday was the 24 year anniversary of Bob Knight throwing the chair against Purdue.  Just keep that in mind as you read this.

So...I had this dream that I had to take Myles in for a routine vet visit.  For some reason I had to take him to a substitute vet place instead of our vet.  When I went to pick him up they said something went wrong and he was dead.  I was like WHAT!?!  I got real upset and they brought him out. I was freaking OUT.  I vividly recall picking him up, holding him, and taking him to my 4Runner.  I just sat in the parking lot of the vet sobbing and wondering what in the heck I was going to tell Sarah.  Then...I just lost my cool, ran back inside the vet, started screaming at them, picked up a chair, and slammed it repeatedly against the desk until it broke.  As I looked up, it was actually the nasty, horrible woman from Pro Tow (long story about the worst business in America--look up Pro Tow Indy and you can see my review), and she was the one who killed my dog.  I was FURIOUS and just lost my cool again and tossed the broken chair across the room.  I ended up getting back into my car and driving home.  On the way home, to my surprise, Myles just jumped up, got on my lap, and he was ALIVE.  What the heck!?!?  Yes, he was alive.  So...then I went to our real vet with Myles to have him checked out and he was fine.  Wow...What a crazy, crazy dream!  No more starburst before I go to bed.  Where is the real Myles right now you ask?  He's sitting on my lap chewing a bone while I type.  Whew.  I love my pup so much and that dream was WAY TOO DISTURBING.

I'm off to go to work.  Busy day ahead in what has been a very active work week.  I love it.  I cannot lie.  And...in the spirit of being a good sport:  Congrats to Purdue.  It pains me to say it, but you played a nice game.  Happy running to you...

No comments: