Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Taking time for moi...

Happy Friday afternoon to you.  This afternoon I do something I rarely do.  I went home early from work.  There are two people to thank for this:  My wife, Sarah, and my co-worker and friend, Dee Dee.  I have been working a great deal lately and to be honest it is starting to get in the way of my outside work time--less time with Sarah and less time running.  So...today I left at 3p.  It was weird, but nice.

I had a great run this afternoon.  It was in the 20s and the 20s felt so much better than when it was 5 degrees.  The ice is still on the ground in spots so I had to watch my footing, but all in all it was a fantastic run.  The sun was out, my legs felt fresh (and they should since I've not used them in two days), and the music was pumping.  Speaking of music, I hate to admit it but I love that song, Firework by Katy Perry.  I have to confess it started playing at the end of my run and I just danced in the parking lot next to where we lived and sprinted around laughing and jumping.  It felt GREAT!  And...I know I looked silly and strange, but I love the song and love the message of the song.  I know it makes me cheesy and a dork, but loving that song and it's message is also what makes me...me.  Anyway, I'm one happy camper right now. 

Life is good and I'm looking forward to my evening with Sarah & Myles and possibly a couple bottles of Fat Tire--tied for best beer in the world with Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.  Have a great evening and happy running to you...

No comments: