Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

214.7 Miles Run in June...

Good morning.  It's a glorious morning as my puppy and I sit and write this blog together.  This morning I ran 10.3 miles and that brought my June miles total to 214.7 miles.  I'm taking tomorrow off as my goal was 200 miles for June and I'm over that.  Time to get ready for a 200 mile July.  The last time I ran 200 miles in a month was in March of 2008.  So...it's been a great month of training.  Here is some data for you:

Days Run in June:  22
Total Miles Run:  214.7
# of 10+ Mile Runs in June:  17
Total Miles for 2011:  800.2
Total Miles Run Since The Comeback (1/1/2006):  9038

Today really felt like I introduced a new gear to my running.  I ran the 10.3 in 69:44 and I was not really pushing it.  I think my body may slowly be adapting to the mileage and the pace will start to drop.  I'm excited as I head to July because I think I can have another great month of training.  If I can string together 200 mile months in June, July, & August, then my running base will be prime for September and October marathon specific training. 

Running teaches toughness and endurance.  And...I'm off to work where it's been all about toughness and endurance over the past few months.  With the things I can control it's been great.  With the things I cannot...well...let's just say the 214 miles run in June were good for processing and directing some energy.  Have an outstanding day and happy running to you...

No comments: