Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Myles: A Tribute to My Dog

Good Morning.  I just returned from a nice 14 mile run.  I ran out and back and the out was in 50 minutes and the back was in 46 minutes for a total of 1HR36 minutes.  For the week, I've now run 51 miles and that brings me to right at 200 for the past four weeks. 

Tomorrow is our Myles's first birthday and as everyone who reads this blog knows I'm crazy about my dog.  And...I'm not embarrassed about how much I talk about him, post pictures, and videos.  I am completely aware that to the outsider I seem like one of those people who is not in touch with reality when it comes to my dog.  Heck, even to the insiders I'm sure my love for Myles is a bit extreme.  But...that's just me.  When I love something or someone, I love all the way with every ounce of love I can muster.  Myles has been such a blessing in our lives.  He's always glad to see us when we come home and I wish every single person could be greeted with the enthusiasm and energy with which Myles greets us.  I love waking up to his breath on my face when he is letting me know it's time to get up.  I love the way he cuddles up next to me to watch TV.  I love how he struts down the Canal Path like he owns it.  I love everything about him.  I made this video to commemorate his first birthday.  I think that it speaks for itself.  Have a great day and happy running to you:

No comments: