Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

#3 Best for Week...

Good evening.  Hope that you are doing well this evening.  I had a wonderful 10.3 mile run this morning and the rain held off for the most part until I finished up.  I've now run 10 or more miles 15 times this month and am on track to his over 200 miles for June.  The goal for June and July is to really get used to running for well over an hour on most days and then for 2 hours one day/week so that when my marathon specific training begins in August I'll be ready to work on the speed part of my training.  Right now, I'm just building the base and each run is a building block added to my training.

I did not get a chance to write my #3 best for last week.  Here they are:
  1. Myles Birthday:  Yes, my love for my dog is well documented.  I had a great time celebrating him--even though I am sure it seems a bit over the top.
  2. Family:  I'm fortunate to have a great family.  I don't want to over share about my family in my blog, but I'll just say that I'm a very lucky person to be surrounded by a ton of really outstanding family members on all sides!
  3. HRL Team:  We are in the process of moving offices and today the team rallied together for a move day.  We all showed up in our work clothes, got our hands dirty, and just moved and organized several large rooms/storage spaces.  To put it in perspective, we probably went through three large sized moving trucks of stuff.  Looking around today was just humbling.  We had everyone from our student staff to our graduate staff member who has been given every task imaginable (Robby) to our professional staff there to assist.  No one cared about what job they typically perform.  They just showed up to do whatever could be done.  I love that.  We even had one of our grads who has graduated, has a job lined up, and departs in a couple days show up to help, the one and only Andrew Bennett.  I never asked him to come and help, but he had heard we were moving and he offered to assist.  He did not have to do that, but it speaks to his character and integrity.  It's the small things in life that make the largest impact and I'll not soon forget Drew's effort.  I write frequently about our HRL team in my blog and I love being on this team.  It's an honor.
Have a great evening.  I'm watching the Bachelorette and blogging.  Damn that Bentley!  Have a great night and happy running to you...

No comments: