Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over"

Good morning.  Hope you are having an outstanding Tuesday thus far.  I'm about to head off for work.  I ran an 11 mile run starting at about 5:30a this morning.  It was a fantastic run in which I encountered the Geese (again), four ducks, a cat, and a Deer!  Therefore, it's only natural that I write this blog entry with my dog, Myles, in my lap.  Ha Ha.  What's amazing about living in Indianapolis is that just 3.5 miles from downtown I can run and see some wildlife you would not normally see in a city.  A Deer?  That made me chuckle.  The Geese were back today and as agressive as ever on this trail I run.  So...I decided to alter my route to another trailhead so I can avoid the crazy geese.  Those things are unreal.

Today was a day that I listened to music while I ran and a song that has struck a chord with me lately is "Good Life" by OneRepublic.  See the video (you have to wait for the commercial):



There is a line in the song that says "when you're happy like a fool, let it take you over," and that line just stuck with me.  As I've talked about a few times on this blog there are times when I'm so happy to be running that I'm actually smiling, laughing out loud, and am down right giddy.  Today, was one of those days.  When I saw the Deer on the gravel path leading up to Broadripple I just started giggling and then laughing.  It was just so unexpected that I could not help but laugh.  After my run I felt moved and just started an impromtu interpretative dance to this song in our parking lot.  I must have looked so strange dancing around the parking lot in my running shorts and blue smurf shoes.  About a football field away I could see a couple people just looking at me like I lost my mind.  But...when you consider the line in this song, "when you're happy like a fool, let it take you over," I think me interpretative dancing in the parking lot or laughing hysterically about seeing a deer on my run in Indianapolis is captured perfectly by that line.  In this life there are times when we feel bad or upset so I think it's important that when you're happy you just run with it.  And...I do.

One last thing before I head to work.  The Bachelorette was crazy last night.  That guy, Bently, is a jerk.  That was just wrong.  If you watch the show, then you know what I"m talk

No comments: