Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

#3 Best and A Question I need help with...

Good morning!  Hope you are doing well.  I just finished up a very nice 4.25 mile run this morning.  I ran 60 miles this week and that is by far the most miles I've run in a week since the 90s.  To put in in perspective...I ran 82 miles for the month of February 2011 and 60 this week.  It's great to be back training full steam for this marathon.

Before I get to my three best I need your advice.  My neighbor where we live has three dogs--she's only supposed to have one.  In addition, you are supposed to keep you dogs on a leash, not let them run loose, and watch them.  Sarah and I share the bottom level of the building with her and we have a good sized patio that faces the canal and a good sized side yard.  She has triple the space on her side.  Yet, we have had issues for the past year with her dogs using the bathroom on our patio, in our side yard, peeing of her balcony, and just running around loose in the building and outside.  I built up a little barrier to try and keep her crazy dog Jordan out.  I'm seriously thinking of reporting her because it's just out of control.  We've asked her to get them under control and she makes comments like, "I just cannot control them" or "it's going to take more than a barrier to keep Jordan out."  It's so frustrating.  I've tried to address it with her and not complain, but she does not care.  So...please let me know what you'd do.  Here are a couple videos I shot yesterday.





That aside, it's been a great week.  Here are my three best:
  1. Spending time with Sarah & Myles:  We are just having a very nice weekend relaxing and having fun.  In life it has been stated that the best things are free.  I have to agree.
  2. Arrival of Residence Directors:  I'm so pleased to have Sara and Becky join our team this week as RD's.  We started the process to add full time RD's to our staff in December and I've worked with a couple other folks for the past 7 months to bring the plan to fruition--from writing the position description, to getting it approved, to posting it, to recruiting for it, to interviewing, and then to Sara and Becky accepting.  It was wonderful to pause for a second on Friday during the first day of training and just soak it all in.
  3. Brian & Danielle Off to a Good Start:  Two of our recent HESA Graduates started their full time positions this week, Danielle at the University of Utah and Brian and Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.  It felt weird to have them leave us after two years, but that's what should happen--they should graduate from their Master's Degree Program and move on.  From their texts, tweets, and FB updates, it appears they are enjoying their new positions and areas.  I'm happy for them.  Mr. Andrew Bennett is up next as he starts at UCONN in a couple of weeks. 
Have a tremendous day, please let me know what you'd do about my neighbors dogs (I think anyone can comment on the blog), and happy running to you...

No comments: