Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The High Road...

Good evening.  Hope that you are doing well and have had a wonderful weekend.  My weekend was bittersweet.  Sarah and I were in Greenville, NC with our family to honor Sarah's Grandmother, Nana, who passed away last week.  It was great to be together and to share fond memories of Nana.  At the same time, though,  you never want someone to go and you always want "one more day," as the Diamond Rio song goes.  Sarah's Grandmother was amazing and I was so glad to be able to make it to the service yesterday.

I've been going through some stuff over the past few months that I cannot discuss openly in a blog.  This stuff is NOT related to my family, friends, running, my health, the staff I lead, or IU Athletics.  Hearing stories about Nana this weekend reminded me of stories about my own Grandparents.  One thing that they all had in common was that they treated other people well and always displayed tremendous integrity.  Therefore, I must refrain from discussing the "stuff" and head to my own personal Tree House (maybe like the one below that I saw this weekend) and take the high road.  Enough said.



A Beautiful Reminder of The Road to Take

Running this week has been a challenge.  It's been hot, humid, and nasty.  On Thursday afternoon I went for a run and the heat index was 109.  I only went for 45 minutes, but it nearly took me out.  I had a migraine until the next afternoon.  Uggh.  I was able to hit the 41 mile mark this week so that's not bad.  The next five weeks will be really tough in terms of running as we head into our Student Staff Training and then into opening.  If I can continue to train strong through the next five weeks, then I'll be ready for my marathon specific training in September.


Have an outstanding week.  You can now follow Myles on Twitter.  He's @MylesTweetz.  Pretty interesting stuff.  Happy running to you!

1 comment:

JJ said...

You gave Myles a twitter account?! Oh, Josh. That is a sad, sad story :)