Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Three State Week...

Lake Michigan Lakefront in Milwaukee
Good morning from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  Myles and I are visiting Sarah, who is doing a med school rotation this month in Milwaukee.  We've missed her VERY much and it's been great to be with her this weekend.  My world ain't quite right when Sarah is out of town and since I'm already "not right" (according to Chuck Rhodes in a joking way), then you can imagine that I'm doubly not right.  Ha Ha.  I ran 6 miles along Lake Michigan this morning.  WOW!  Milwaukee is beautiful and runner friendly.  I have to say it's the opposite of New Orleans (where I was last Sunday-Wed) when it comes to running.  Both towns like their drinking, but only Milwaukee likes it's runners.  All in all, I ran 51 miles this week, ran in three states (IN, LA, WI), and have now run 930.7 miles for 2011.

On another note, Sarah and I received tough news on Friday evening from Sarah's Dad.  Sarah's beloved Grandmother, Nana, passed away Friday evening after a battle with an illness.  She was 90 years old.  I loved Sarah's Nana like my own Grandmothers because from the moment I met her she treated me like I was her Grandson by birth rather than by marriage.  I posted a blog a couple months ago about my Grandparents and how fortunate I was to have them in my life and what an impact they had on me.   Nana had the same type of impact in my life and I have been so fortunate to have spent holidays, special occasions, and just random days with her over the past few years.  Thanksgivings at Nags Head with Nana holding court and telling stories will be some of the fondest memories I have in my life.  Her kindness, sense of humor, warmth, and genuineness will stay with me always.

Hope your Sunday goes well.  Happy running to you...

No comments: