Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

3 Reasons I love Running...

Good Morning.  Happy Wednesday to you.  I ran 11 miles this morning.  Felt pretty good after taking a day off yesterday.  Here's a little short blog post for you that I thought about on my run this morning.  It's titled 3 reasons I love running...
  1. It's honest.  When you put in the work and really dedicate yourself to a running goal, then you will achieve it.  There are not a lot of things in life that you can say that about.  However, with running you reap what you sow. 
  2. It's beautiful.  Seriously, this morning I was able to see the sun rise and give way to a gorgeous sky.  There were birds, possums, cats, geese, ducks, deer, raccoons, and frogs on my run this morning--in downtown Indy--and they were waking up or in some cases heading to bed.  None-the-less, about the time I hit the gravel tow path that runs along the white river the sun came up--it was beautiful.
  3. It's pure.  It's just me, some shoes, socks, a pair of shorts, and the road in the summer.  There are no politics or games--which I detest--in running.  It's just throw on your shoes and shorts, make sure Sarah and Myles are okay, lock the door, and hit the road.   It's my legs, arms, and lungs working together to just do the very thing I was meant to do:  RUN!
Have a great Wednesday.  I'm really enjoying working with our new Residence Directors and look forward to what this day will bring.  Happy running to you...

No comments: