Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Big Running Presentation Tomorrow...

I'm off to a good week of running. I ran 8 miles on Monday, 6.75 on Tuesday, and about 7.8 today. I'm probably going to take tomorrow off and then hit 12 miles on Saturday and 8 miles or so on Sunday. It's been so darn hot here this week so I've been running at 6a. That's a tough time of the day, but with my new job it's tough to get a run in if I wait until after 5p. It's a choice really. Stay up and watch TV until 11p or 12a or run at 6a. I choose running. Sorry Letterman.

I have an opportunity to talk to about 20-25 people tomorrow from the IUPUI Staff Council about starting a Walk Jog Run Club. I am pretty excited about it as I really enjoy helping people being able to walk, jog, or run. Great thing about it is that I get to share my passion and also probably help some folks get started with an exercise program. What I'm really going to emphasize tomorrow is just the concept of MOVEMENT. What it all boils down to is being able to just put one foot in front of the other for 30 minutes or so 3-5 times a week. If we all did just that, then people would be surprised at how fit they'd be. Usually, I get people hooked in with my credentials and then I seal the deal by presenting an easy plan. If I can just get 5/20 of them to try it for a month or so then I think they will be hooked.

Well...have a great Friday, folks. For me, it's going to be a working weekend, but I know I'll also get 20 miles or so of running in so that'll be nice too. Happy running to you...

No comments: