Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The day before the TRI...

By this time tomorrow I will have completed my first triathalon. I'm totally doing this on a whim, but I think I'll enjoy it. It's a 500 meter swim, a 11.5 mile bike, and a 5K run. I'm not so worried about the bike or run, but the swim is where I'll be least prepared. At least that is the first leg of the TRI.

This week has been crazy with running and combining that with work and trying to be a good husband. We are in the middle of our professional and graduate staff training and that takes up a ton of the day and then it takes a considerable amount of time to prepare and then answer the day to day email load. I've had to work a lot longer (until 6p or 6:30p), and I've tried to really not come home and be distracted--which means no running after work. So...I've been up between 5a-5:30a every day this week (sans today) to try and slide in 8 miles before getting to work around 7:30a. All in all, I've been able to hit the mark for the week, but damn I'll be glad when it's September and I can have a more normal schedule.

Had a great month of running in July hitting 187.2 miles for the month. I'm now at 1210.4 for the year, which averages out to 172.9 miles run a month. In order to hit 2000 for the year I need to average 167/month. I'm really pleased with the progress so far. If all goes well this month, then I will eclipse last years running total by late August. Here's to trying.

I'll write more about the triathalon tomorrow when I finish. Wish me luck...

No comments: