Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

A dip in the pool...

Hello. Short blog post today. We had the day off from work as IUPUI celebrated the July 4 holiday on July 5. So...our timely planned move was granted a fourth day. I'm proud to say we have moved everything but our pictures and now we have to clean the old place. We are pleased with our new place and had a nice Fourth of July BBQ last night.

I ran today around 4:30p after moving all day. Today was the fourth day of moving and the fifth day in a row I've run. My legs were trashed yesterday and today it felt worse. Not worse in an injury sort of way, but worse in a sore kind of way. Never-the-less I went out and massaged my legs with a 7.25 mile trek in 90 degree heat. About half-way threw my run I decided I'd earned a dip in the pool after the run. So...I ran strait to the pool in our complex, took off my shoes and socks, and just jumped in. It felt so darn good. I'm not sure if the answer to the question "should I run today" was yes or no, but I went with yes. However, I would be remiss if I did not mention that when your legs feel like they are filled with rocks, then it's probably better to answer the question with a no. Then again, "no" is kind of a hard thing for a runner to say because the ability to say "yes" on most days is what sets aparts runners from non-runners. Learning the word "no" to the question of "should I run" is a very slippery slope. Although, sometimes "no" is the right answer. Perhaps...I'm just talking in circles.

All in all it was a great weekend despite moving. A great week lies ahead with work. Happy running...

No comments: