Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Songs on the run...


Good morning. I really enjoyed my long run this morning. I ran for 12.25 miles from downtown up to Butler University and then back downtown. It was cool outside
(70s) and it was nice to get out there before it warms up. I have not run my long run in a couple weeks so it was good to get back out and return to normalcy. Typically in a given week I will run three days at an easy/medium pace for 8 miles, one day with a hard speed workout for a total of 8 miles, and then one long run of 10-15 miles. This formula has really worked for me and the two days off a week allow my body to heal and still hit the 40 mile/week goal. Next week I go for 20 strait 40+ mile weeks.

I do not often listen to my iPod when I run because I do a lot of thinking/processing when I run. The music can sometimes prevent me from really being able to clear my head. Sometimes, though, I do like to run and listen to music. Being a huge Coldplay fan (picture above is of Sarah and I at Coldplay concert in LA), I do love to listen to some Coldplay on the run. In this blog I thought I'd give you my best running playlist of the moment. Here goes:

Empire State: Jay Z
Eye of the Tiger: Survivor
Lose Yourself: Eminem
Not Afraid: Eminem
Run This Town: Jay Z, Rianna, Kayne
Viva La Vida: Coldplay
Stawberry Swing: Coldplay
Lovers in Japan: Coldplay
Taking the Long Way: Dixie Chicks
Homecoming: Kayne & Chris Martin
Superstar: Lupe Fiasco
Fix You: Coldplay
Life in Technicolor II: Coldplay
I Gotta Feeling: Black Eyed Peas
Paper Planes: MIA
If I Can't: 50 Cent

If you can download these and put them in a playlist for your run then you'll enjoy. Music is interesting and it's tough to guarantee you'll like it, but give it a shot. Have a great week and happy running...