Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A new adventure...

Hello. It's Sunday evening and I'm getting ready to hit the rack. Busy week ahead and I'm getting up early tomorrow to run (5 a.m.). I don't really like running at 5a
but I don't have much of a choice tomorrow. I think the difference between me and folks who do not run is that I'll get out of bed at 5a even when I don't want to. It does not make me any better (might make me dumber), but it does make me a runner--an identity I wholeheartedly embrace.

I am going to give a triathalon a shot next Sunday in downtown Indianapolis. I was looking through the race websites trying to find my next race, and I saw the ad for the triathalon. I've always wanted to do one and never have. Ive not swam for fitness in over two years and I've not been on my bike in over a year, but I"m going for it. Sometimes, you just have to go for it and see what you have. I figure with my running fitness coupled with my ability to swim and bike should help me. Even if I fail, at least I tried. I'm looking forward to it.

This week was a good running week as I hit 41 miles for the week. I ran a mile time trial yesterday on the IUPUI Track and hit 5:27 on a hot and humid morning. I hope by November I can put that under 5 minutes. I guess we shall see. Another week in the books and I'll hit 1200 miles for the year this week. Looking forward to a great week. Happy running to you...

No comments: