Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dog-gone it...

I'm cursed with dogs. That is all there is too it. Cursed. Many people know that last December I was out running and two dogs chased after me, I sped up to try and get away, fell, and cut up my knee and elbow pretty badly. I lost a couple weeks of training. I was glad they did not bite me, but angry about an owner not putting their dogs on their leash. I've not run the same route in the morning since December. This morning, I ran the route and again some jerk is walking two very large dogs without a leash. It just hacks me off. I love dogs and I want Sarah and I to get a dog, but people have to understand that their loving dog is capable of not being so loving to a runner. I know that I sound like a crazy old man saying this, but I have a nasty looking scar on my knee to prove why I'm so sensitive about it. Anyway, I did have a nice run and I avoided another incident.

But...the story does not end there. Sarah and I moved down to the Canal in Indy last weekend. Our neighbor has 3 dogs (she's only supposed to have one). Now...I don't really care that she has three dogs, but they are OUT OF CONTROL. They poop on our patio, jump the boundaries we set up, bark at EVERY passing dog, and mess up our patio area. In all honesty, I don't blame the dogs, but rather their stupid (insert your favorite word) owner. She does not care. She doesn't pick up their poop. She has not even offered to replace what they destroyed. She's so clueless. We are going to give it a couple days and then we are thinking of turning her in. I hate to do that because I don't want to have a bad relationship with our new neighbor. But...this is just nuts. I don't think I've ever met a more thoughtless neighbor than this person. And...you have to put that in perspective. I lived and worked in Residence Hall on college campuses every year since graduating college with the exception of one year and then recently. The college students we've lived beside have been more considerate than the lady next door. I'm serious.

Anyway, this has little to do with running I guess, but I just need to vent. I had a nice 7.25 run this morning despite the crazy dogs on the trail and our wacked out neighbor. Happy running...

No comments: