Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cold Rain...

My Precious Wife & Dog (when he was a baby)
Good morning.  There are not many foes as fierce as cold rain that falls when temps are in the high 30s and 40s.  Usually, I avoid running when it's raining and sort of cold, but today I could not resist.  I just needed to go for a nice run. 

About four miles into my six mile jaunt I could not help be notice the seamless rhythmic movement of my arms and legs coupled with my breath.  It just seemed so natural.  And...I really focused in on the rain and it dripping on my face from my black running cap.  It actually felt good today.  Today, despite the cold rain, was on of those days where I just felt like there was nothing in the world my body was meant more to do than RUN!  I loved every second of the wind, blowing rain, dripping rain, and utter wetness that this morning brought.  It just felt so natural.

This morning Sarah, Myles, and I slept in until 7a.  You might say, "that's what you call sleeping in?"  Trust me, it is.  Sarah has been in the OBGYN rotation this past two weeks and we've been up around 5a every day for two weeks.  7a seemed like Noon to us.  I wrote about this about a month ago, but this morning was an absolute treat as Myles nestled up between us and we just laid there and rested peacefully.  Sarah and I work busy schedules and it's rare to have a moment to pause and enjoy life.  I'm really fortunate that I was able to enjoy two of my most favorite things, my family and running.  And now...I'm ready to watch my third thing:  IU Basketball--hopefully that will go as well as my morning.  Have a great day.  Happy running to you...

No comments: