Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

"I need a Doctor..."

Good morning.  Myles, who is sitting in my lap, says hello too.  Time for a short blog.  Ok, the title.  I rarely talk about the title because the blog entry usually speaks for itself.  But...I love that Eminem and Dr. Dre song that is on the radio all the time.  I love it. 

Had a great run this morning and on Tuesday morning as well.  I mentioned in my last blog that I was just feisty and grumpy on Sunday.  That continued into Monday and Tuesday as well.  I was sooooooo frustrated with myself for feeling so antsy.  So...on my runs today and on Tuesday I really concentrated on that negative energy while I ran and just ran it out.  I ran hard and the more I felt grumpy the harder I ran.  I know that this might sound strange for folks who do not use running as a stress management tool.  Me?  Well, I am competitive and I work hard and I am a perfectionist.  When I think things are not the absolute best that they can be then I get frustrated--even if I should not be; even if perfection is a silly goal.  So...I run.  And running really helps me burn energy and process information and feelings.  Last year I ran 40 miles/week for 40 consecutive weeks.  I am now only running about 20 miles a week.  So...I've got a lot more energy and less time.  So...I've decided to really push the runs--even if they are shorter.  Basically, it's run in the morning before work and then walk with Mr. Myles in the afternoon. 

We have our New Staff Welcome for our new student staff this weekend.  I've been working on a PowerPoint presentation that will get folks FIRED UP about being on our team.  I'm pumped about getting the undergraduate staff team together for the first time.  We've had an exceptional group this year and the future looks to be bright as well.  I'm so very fortunate to work with some of the most talented students in all the land!  We have a lot of "Prime time Players"--to steal another Dick Vitale phrase.  We continue to have a really good run of outstanding staff performance at IUPUI and it starts with the students and is really hammered home by our supervisory team. 

OK.  Time to go to work.  Myles is ready for a nap in his crate.  Happy running to you...

"I need a Doctor, Doctor, Doctor..."  (Good thing I have one)  ;-)

2 comments:

Coach Mark Price said...

Great blog Josh. Its so much better than Wetzel's blog.
How about the NCAA's?!?!
I got UCONN going all the way. Kemba's energy reminds me of you.
Take care

IndianaJosh said...

Thanks Coach. It's tough to be out Ross Wetzel's blog. He's funnier than I am. I'm taking Butler and VCU...