Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Nice Surprise...

Hello.  Happy Saturday evening to you.  Just a short blog entry before we head to dinner.  It's been a great week.  Students were on Spring Break and I was able to get some tasky work assignments done that sometimes get pushed back by more pressing issues.  I have missed have the students around, so it will be nice to have them back on Monday.

Had a very nice run this morning.  The weather is changing to Spring and that's a great thing.  The winter has been especially harsh this year and I am looking forward to running in some shorts and short sleeves soon.  I've not made much headway on trying to break a 5 minute mile, but I'm hopeful to start pushing towards that here in a week or so. 

My Mom & Dad came in for a visit last night and we've had a nice time thus far.  We are headed out for dinner tonight.  Sarah and I had brunch with my Mom and then headed up to the Northside for some shopping.  Don't fall over, but I actually purchased some nice brown shoes.  Every now and then I do need some brown shoes that are not too dressy but nice for dinner.  The running shoes don't quite cut it sometimes.  Regrettably, I must wear dress shoes from time to time.  It's just a reality that I have to accept. 

Congrats to Kentucky and the UK fans who read the blog.  As many of you know, I'm not the biggest UK fan in the world--okay not a fan at all--but I am a fan of my friends and family who like UK so I'm happy for them.  Happy running to you and I promise a wing-dinger of a blog very soon.

No comments: