Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Maybe It's Nothing...

Good morning.  Myles and I are at it again writing our blog.  He's in my lap and I'm doing the writing.  Someone got the good end of this deal.  At least I have some coffee. 

"Maybe it's nothing," I said to myself as I was walking down the stairs to our place last night.  I was walking and just immediately felt shooting pain on the outside toes of my left foot.  I've felt this sort of pain before and I know it's probably related to some nerve issues that may calm down in a day or two.  But...it's never felt like this...pain that prevented me from walking very easily and pain all the way into the inside of my left ankle.  This morning it felt a little bit better and I can walk on it, but it's tender.  It's tingly and numb and painful.  Again, I had this happen before for a few hours and it went away.  Here's to hoping it's nothing and that I'll be back on the road tomorrow running strong.  I've mentioned before that it's tough for me to write when I've not been running.  Heck, the title of my blog is "What I learned While Running."  But...I think it's so important for me to write when I'm possibly injured because I can help those of you who are new to running.  See, when I was younger I would have tried to run through this and just gutted it out.  However, often times that turns a day or two off into a month or two off.  Running through pain is sometimes okay, but mostly it's just going to lead to a major injury.  If there is one key thing I've learned in my 17 year running career it's that you have to know when to call it and rest.  Today was one of those days for me. 

All in all things are going well this week.  Work is fun and I am enjoying the work week.  Myles is as curious as ever and this week he really like to chew on power cords--what fun for us.  The Final Four is this weekend.  My gut says Kentucky will win.  However, I would not be shocked to see Butler or VCU win the whole thing.  While both UK and UCONN are good teams, they are not heads and shoulders above anyone in the Final 4.  So...why Kentucky?  Well, they clearly have the most talent and they have three NBA guys on that team--Jones, Knight, and Lamb.  They are loaded with talent and then some nice veteran leadership in Liggins, Miller, and Harrelson.  I will say on record that I think that this Kentucky team is Coach Cal's best work ever as a coach.  There are not a lot of guys on the team that just wow you, they don't out talent you like last year's team.  Yet, here they are in the Final 4 and that's in large part to them playing as a team and in large part to the development of Miller, Liggins, and Harrelson.  Development of players is the Coach and so I must give Coach Cal credit.  Who will I be rooting for in the Final 4 you may wonder?  I'll be rooting for the team that's behind at the end of the game and hoping they can come back and win.  That's who I'll root for.

Have a great day.  Happy running to you or in my case happy resting to you...

No comments: