Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday best...

Chilling w/ Myles
Good morning!  Ran a very scenic 7 mile run in downtown Indianapolis this morning.  Believe it or not I ran 7 miles without ever crossing a road and I ran on concrete, asphalt, gravel, dirt, and grass.  It's true.  I ran this route along the downtown canal, to the white river path, and then to the Monon access point off of 10th street.  Pretty cool run.  Had a nice week of running.

There is this concept of the three best that folks are doing on Twitter right now.  Basically, it's your three best parts of your day.  I have not participated, but I like the concept.  So...I'm going to have my own three best right here on this blog for the week.  Here goes:

One, the New Staff Welcome yesterday was fantastic.  It's great to pull the new group together and just really appreciate the talent that was in the room.  They are truly an "uncommonly" talented group and I'm looking forward to this year with them.

Two, sleeping in on weekend mornings with Sarah & Myles.  I love how the three of us get to just snuggle and lay in bed in the mornings and relax.  Most mornings are a sprint to get ready for work.  I loved the low key mornings over the past couple of days.  Much needed.

Three, a conversation I had with a student on Friday afternoon.  Her story is amazing, her talent is  immense, and her drive to succeed is remarkable.  So many students take their college experience for granted, and this particular student is fighting tooth and nail to be successful.  She is the definition of what going to college is all about and I was honored that she shared her story with me.

Have a great day.  I'm off to lunch with Sarah and then heading to the Cesar Chavez Dinner tonight!  Yeah!   Happy running to you.

1 comment:

Coach Mark Price said...

First of all, you need to give yourself more credit. You're energy and personality were the life of those DCHS ball teams.
As for Wetzel, the only thing funny about him was his free throw percentage and his love for biker shorts.
Keep writing and I'll keep reading.