Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Perfect mornings...

He loves his Mommy & Daddy
It's the little things in life.  Truly, I believe that.  And this morning was spectacular.  My alarm went off at 5:30a and I shut it off quickly.  I laid there in the dark next to Sarah with Myles in his crate.  I knew I had to SLOWLY get out of bed as not to wake up Myles (Sarah was sleeping like a log).  Carefully, I stepped out of bed knowing that one misstep would wake up Myles and hijack my running plans.  To my delight, I snuck out of the room successfully and got ready for my run.

The run this morning was awesome.  It was windy, but the 90% chance of rain that was predicted for 6a was not there and the temps were in the high 40s.  As I ran step by step through the darkness I just felt terrific.  My right foot hurt badly after Sunday's 8 mile run so I took two days off.  I've learned over the years that resting when you feel just slightly sore is better than just pushing through it and ending up with a long term ailment.  I ran 5 miles this morning, into the wind and then with the wind on the way back.  I felt great. 

When I returned home I snuck back into the bedroom and sat down next to Myles's crate.  He raised up his head and stuck his tiny nose through the metal.  I opened the door and he jumped out and plopped right into my lap.  I picked him up, hugged him, and kissed the top of his head.  He returned the favor by giving me a little Myles kiss (lick) on my face.  And...then he just did that smell thing dogs do--they love their keepers smell--and he just smelled my neck and face.  As I held him, I just let myself be in the moment and totally focus on the joy that Myles has brought into our lives.  I felt this overwhelming sense of love for him and it nearly brought me to tears.  Yes, I know, I know, I know he's a dog, but he's our dog and I love him.

After a successful potty time for Myles the grand finale of the morning came when I returned, Sarah was awake, and Myles and I greeted here with a "Good Morning!"  Myles and I are both crazy about Sarah and I just love asking Myles, "where's Mommy" and watching him SPRINT to wherever he thinks she is.  As we got ready for work and then as Sarah left and we kissed goodbye, I just could not help but think about what a perfect morning it was today.  Simple, yes, but perfect because I was surrounded by love and was able to do something I love (run).

I'm looking forward to interviewing some great potential stars for our team over the next few days at TPE.  I'm so proud of our department and what we accomplish and stand for and I'm looking forward to finding great individuals to join us.  Have a great day and happy running to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know by now you heard about my chat with one of your amazing staff members who was attending OPE. Best of luck at TPE!

IndianaJosh said...

Thanks for your kind words. Hope you are doing well!