Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I needed a run...

Sometimes, I get inexplicably cranky.  It's odd that a normally calm and easy going guy can become a pain in the butt.  After my trip to Target today for weekly shopping, I came back and was just flat out cranky and I was driving Sarah crazy.  Finally, I told Sarah that I needed to run and she said something to the effect of "yeah, I think that would be good."  So...I headed out the door and went for it.



I love this hat...

My picture today is fitting as often times I do become much happier after a run.  Additionally, there are days when I'm running that I just have the biggest smile on my face as I'm running down the street.  Sometimes, I'm thinking about something that makes me laugh.  Other times, it might be a song that elicits a memory that makes me smile.  Currently, that's the "This is Indiana" song as I just cannot help but smile when thinking about how much I love the Hoosiers!  In either instance, the hat I'm wearing in the photo that simply says "Run Happy" often times describes me perfectly.  On a day like today when it was sunny outside and there was a nice breeze I just felt great.  And...I returned from my run a lot less crankier, which is good me and my ability to stay out of the dog house.  Thankfully, I'm married to a person who understands my inherent need to run.  I'm sure being married to a runner has it's frustrations and it is such a sport for compulsive and obsessive type individuals.  Those two traits can be great (as it helps get you out of bed to run) and bad (as you feel guilty and/or cranky when you don't run).


On my run today I was thinking about work and and just prepping mentally for the next two months.  It's going to be a sprint as we get ready for our day to day business, closing, and preparing for the summer.  I'm ready and excited as we will be recruiting two new professional Residence Directors and at the same time closing out the year with an outstanding group of graduating undergraduate and graduate staff.  I've got to make sure to remember to have fun, enjoy these two months, and "run happy" on a daily basis.  Happy running to you...

No comments: