Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

A 91 email day...

Wow. Today was the first day back for students and work was a hopping. Between 8:30a and 5:30p today I received 91 emails. I'm sure there are people who receive 91 emails an hour, but in my world 91 emails in one day is a lot. All in all, though, it was a great first day back with our residents on campus and attending their first day of spring semester classes.

I did not run this morning as Sarah and I drove to work together at 7a. Sometimes we travel separately to work, but her current rotation at Riley Hospital is right next door to Ball Hall (where my office is located). So...we got to head to work together and I today I ran after work. I found it difficult to get the motivation to run. On the way home I mentally convinced myself to run just a couple miles and then I'd see how it went. We got home and Myles just did not want me to go. He chased me out the door twice. Finally, Sarah helped me corral Myles so I could quickly exit for my run.

My run was pretty good today. I felt fast and felt like I moved pretty quickly despite the wind and cold temps. Even though I initially was feeling a bit lethargic and unmotivated, I ended up enjoying a nice, brisk five miler. Tomorrow it is supposed to snow 3-7 inches. The great thing about Indianapolis is that they clear the roads pretty quickly and the path outside our place on the canal is cleared first. I love running on the canal when it snows because the snow gets packed down and it provides some cushioning the concrete generally fails to provide.

Hope you enjoy the new look to the blog. I changed it up so it looked a bit cleaner and more attractive. Please feel free to leave comments or ask questions. I always love seeing comments pop up. Happy running to you...

No comments: