Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Boy is All Right...

Happy Saturday Morning to You!  I just finished up a nice 7.2 mile run in downtown Indianapolis.  It's my longest run this year and probably a couple months for what it's worth.  My legs felt fresh and quick.   With each stride it was like my legs were saying, "thank you, thank you, thank you..."  Every run does not go that way, but today it did and I enjoyed the run immensely.  I still have not set any racing goals for the year.  I'm not sure when I'll do that.  Perhaps, I'll really focus on the summer and fall season.  I guess it will come to me when it comes to me.

Yesterday Myles visited the vet to be fixed.  Mind you, I know that this is a very common event for pets.  I realize that everyone that I know who has a dog or cat has had them spayed or neutered.  However, I was just so nervous about it.  I took Myles to the vet at 7a and he just did not want to go in.  Usually he cannot wait to go into a new place.  Yesterday, though, he tried to sprint back to the car.  He peed on the scale and he whined.  When I handed him off, he looked back at me and just gave me the saddest, "please don't leave me Dad" look.  Damn.  Broke my heart.  I smiled at him and said in a cheerful voice, "I'll see you later Myles-ie."  Then...I went back to the car and drove to work.  Oddly, though, I found myself tearing up a bit.  I looked in the rear view mirror and said, "come on Josh, get it together, you're being ridiculous."  But...I just felt bad about leaving him.  I know.  I know. I know.  He had no clue, he won't remember, it's good for him, dogs cannot understand, yada, yada, yada.  For me, I just felt bad.  I'm a blue on the True Colors Personality Inventory, I'm a Feeler on the Myers-Briggs, and I'm People Centered in my work.  I say that because no matter what logical thing another person says or even I say to myself, I just was going to be upset about it.  Strange as it is, it's just me.  Anyway, as Sarah predicted (and everyone else I spoke with as well), I picked Myles up after work and he was just fine.  A little groggy, but just fine and dandy.  This morning he's back to his old self...running around and just being all puppyish.  I've included a picture of him riding home from the vet with his blue donut cone thing (to stop him from licking his wound) and he new reindeer stuffed toy (normally $18.99 but on sale for $3.96--who could pass up that deal?).

This morning I woke up and had Sarah snuggled up to me on one side and Myles snuggled up next to me on the other.  I smiled, thought about how lucky I am, and went back to sleep.  It's the free things in life that are the best, and waking up on a cold Saturday morning with Sarah and Myles snuggled up next to me is one of the best things in the whole world.  Heck...you know it's true because instead of getting up to run early, I stayed in bed and decided to run after breakfast.  There are some things in life worth enjoying the heck out of when they occur because in the day to day hustle and bustle of my work I don't always get to enjoy a morning of snuggling with my Sarah and my Myles.  Have an outstanding Saturday and happy running to you...

1 comment: