Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Wear A Hat In The Winter


Good morning! This morning I ran a nice and easy five miler. It was cold and windy out and I was thankful for my IU Sock Cap. When I first began running in 1994 my High School Coach, Coach Rowe, always told us to wear a cap to keep the head warm. 17 years later, I'm still wearing a cap in the winter (and gloves too). I have heard a lot of running advice over the years, but wearing something on your head in the winter or when it's cold is some of the best advice I've ever received when it comes to running.

In other news...we begin our Undergraduate Student Staff Training today. I'm looking forward to that as we've put a great plan together and we kick of with the 80s Themed Celebration Event tonight. We just finished up what I thought was two good days of Supervisor Training. We really worked hard at reconnecting and improving our team communication.

Finally, my boy Myles is sleeping through the night. From 8/28 until December 30 I was up every single night in the middle of the night except for one night. Now...Mr. Myles is sleeping through the night and I'm resting better and thus will be able to run more. Right now, the little guy is curled up next to my feet looking all cute. For those who don't know, Myles is our puppy who we think of as a son. Happy running to you...

2 comments:

Andy said...

Wore my hat for the first time in a while. Thanks for the reminder. My Pup was so freaked out by the hat that someone asked me if it was my dog. Ha! - AndyW

IndianaJosh said...

That's funny. Myles barked and barked at me with my hat and then tried to attack the hat...Ha Ha Ha....