Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Walk With Mr. Myles...

Hello!  Today was a day off of running for me and I rarely blog when I do not run.  However, today I feel inspired to write so here goes.

Myles and I had gotten into the habit of walking nearly everyday after work last fall.  Since it's gotten really cold and snowy, we have not been walking.  We (Sarah & I) were worried about him being cold.  We even bought him a cute coat, but he's never been a fan of it.  Both Sarah and I believe that walks are good for him.  He's been a bit testy lately so he and I went for a walk today--and tried the coat--again!

I figured that in order to convince Myles that his coat was a good option I'd first need him to walk without the coat.  We walked a bit into the wind and blowing snow and he was a champ.  He did his business--if you know what I mean (wink, wink)--and then we really got going.  After about a half mile I decided to slip his coat on him.  At first, he resisted and ran into the snowbank directly next to the sidewalk.  I pulled him out and then slipped on his red coat--which matches mine (OMG).  To my UTTER AMAZEMENT he just started trotting like the coat was not even on him.  He looked warmer, I felt better, and we walked the rest of the way home.  I'm very proud of my little man.

I think there are times when people are obsessed with their dogs and they sound ridiculous and they don't know it.  Look...I know that I'm not just ridiculous, but REDONCULOUS about my Myles.  I get it.  I talk about Myles to anyone who will listen.  I post videos and pictures on Facebook.  For goodness sake, I just wrote a blog about him.  I just love him.  He needs us (Sarah & I), he loves us, and he's just so happy to see us when we come home from work.  It does not matter if I'm happy, mad, sad, or glad--the boy is just ecstatic we are home.  His unconditional love is the kind of love you just wish you could infect the world with.  I'm sure that most people who love their dogs feel the way I do or maybe I'm just, well...REDONCULOUS--which is a made up word to emphasize my over the top emotions about Myles.  Ok.  Enough of that.

Enjoy the Myles coat picture.  Back to running tomorrow.  Happy running to you...

No comments: