Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Josh's Weekly Running Ramblings

Hello. This week I thought I'd try a speedy weekly rambling blog post. If this format works, then I'm going to continue it. It's basically my honest thoughts about running, sports, and events.

Running went well this week. I ran 27 miles this week and now stand at 40 for the year. It was a cold week (today was 15 degrees) so I'm trying to only run for about 45 minutes. I had runs of 6,6,5,4, & 6 this week. Not too bad. I'm still working on my goals for the year.

COLTS...Ah heartbreak. They lost in the playoffs to the JETS by one point. Heartbreak city for me as I love the Colts. Here's a picture of me after the game:
I love my Colts and they just blew the kick coverage at the end of the game. JETS won fair and square. Good luck to them. Now...I root for the Falcons as my mother and father in law live in Atlanta and are big fans. So...Go Falcons!

On a serious note I just cannot believe what happened in Arizona yesterday with the shooting of Congresswoman Giffords, a federal judge, and many innocent people. I know that it's early and we do not know much about the shooter and his motives. However, one cannot help but be concerned that more incidents like this one could occur as politicians continue to use inflamatory rhetoric against their competition during election periods. We do know that the shooter had prior contact with Giffords in 2007 and was fixiated on issues with the government. Tactics, such as the map with targets of elected officials that should be defeated in November 2010, that were used by Sarah Palin provides a textbook example of dangerous tactics meant to inflame emotions. I'm not suggesting that Palin had anything to do with this, but creating a map and putting targets (Giffords was listed as a target) on it and listing names by the targets is certainly inappropriate. Palin is not the only person who engages in such nonesense and Democrats have engaged in such behavior as well. Bottom line: our elected officials need to practice civility when debating and refrain from rhetoric that is merely intended to provoke strong, negative emotions.

That is all for now. My Hoosiers desperately need a win today. Go IU and happy running to you...

No comments: