Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

400 Miles for the Year...

Hello.  Short post for this morning.  I ran about 6 miles in the pouring rain.  Seems like it's pouring rain every time I run these days.  None-the-less, I ran anyway.  I told a friend over twitter this morning that "you know you're a runner on a day like today."  That's an old New Balance advertisement. 

Today I eclipsed the 400 mile mark for the year.  I'm a little off where I'd normally be, but I think that will actually be a good thing.  I tapered out near the end of last year so I think that having a strong April-November will be just fine.  After all, I want to be a life long runner and not just burn out.  I officially signed up for the Monumental Marathon on November 5 in Indianapolis.  Woo Hoo!  I cannot believe I'm signed up.  I'm like Brett Farve and Michael Jordan--I just cannot quit and keep coming out of retirement (marathon retirement).  ;-)

One little thought for the morning:  "Attitude reflects leadership, Captain."  I never forget this quote--especially when my team is struggling.  If they are struggling it's on me and it's my responsibility to get them back on track.  Fortunately, my team does not struggle often, but when it does I never forget it's on me to get it fixed first.  Sometimes, it's a person or a couple people, but it starts with me.  As David Cottrell says, "until you accept total responsibility, you will not be able to reach your leadership potential."  Happy running to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My question - how many pairs of shoes do you go through a year?

I always think about Tim Stockton and the poster he gave me about leadership:

"What is Right is Not Always Popular, What is Popular is Not Always Right."

IndianaJosh said...

I go through about 6 pairs a year or so. About 300-400 miles a year. Love that Tim Stockton!