Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just run...

Good morning!  Myles and I are just sitting here chilln' before I head to work.  I would like to write a very long blog post this morning, but I cannot.  However, I would be remiss if I did not make a short entry. 

Yesterday, I received some disappointing news (not family related--all good there).  It was news I expected, but a bit disheartening none-the-less.  It is not something really appropriate to go into on a blog so I won't go there.  What I will say though is this.  When I woke up this morning I laced up my shoes, headed out the door, and ran.  It's what I do, it's who I am, and I'm proud to be a runner.  Running is about honor, integrity, discipline, sharing, kindness, hard-work, struggle, overcoming struggle, victory, defeat, hills, downhills, rain, snow, sleet, hail, sun, hot, cold, mud, concrete, grass, and the list could go on and on.  My point is this:  there is very little in this life that can occur that running has not already prepared me to handle.  In this life there will be disappointment.  Running helps me deal with it, learn from it, and improve. 

Myles is whining at me so I think he needs to go potty.  Happy running to you...

No comments: